Friday, April 9, 2010

Indie Project: The Latest...




Okay, so I finally got the last one off for another artist to add to, and I just recently received my next project. The funny thing is that my fellow artist friend on the phone says to me, "your going to be mad at me". Huh, I can not imagine what in the world she could possibly mean! Then I see the painting that she has added to (wish I could show you what it looked like in the beginning!). She had added the imposing "finger" in the painting. You'll have to piece together the rest in your imagination!

Soooooooo.... this puppy sat on my easel. And I walked by. And the sun rose and set. And the painting remained untouched. It mocked me, and taunted me. "You're stumped! Admit it! REAL creative people know what to do! You have failed at this challenge!"

I began to accept my fate, much like someone who is stuck in the middle of the ocean while shark fins circle 'round. But then I realized what I was doing wrong: I was trying so hard to make "sense" of it that really I was in my expectations forcing it to be something "reasonable". So the light in my head went on one day and I uttered quite loudly "A-HAH!!!!!" to nobody but myself. Do not deny--embrace.

So, this is what I did.

4 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, Rachel, I LOVE it! The way the painting looked when you got it looked depressing (to me) and yours makes me SMILE!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Campbell Jane said...

LOL I KNOW just how you were feeling. Indie pieces are a real challenge, which is what makes them so much fun! They really get you to put your creative cap on don't they?! Your bunnies are sooooooooooo adorable! Nice to hear from you. I miss my SS's. Can't wait to see what you are doing for the Bee show!
Peace & Love

Good Juju said...

Those are the cutest bunnies on the planet Rach!