Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Indie Project...Swapped!


How cool is THIS? I love it just as it is (again). Okay here's the low-down on where this one started: It started with the lovely Julianna who is kind of known for snagging old doors and such. She base coated it the lovely bronze color, and added the very cool patterned paper around the frame. She described the paper to me, but I had a hard time understanding it's origin. At any rate, it has this gauzy, almost cotton texture. It's lovely. Then she swapped the painting with our dear Laurelin--who added the graphic birds. Now I find my self intimidated once again, and think I will sit and live with this little beauty for a while so we can get to know each other. Serve it tea. Chat a bit. Watch t.v. together. Then maybe something will come to me! I have a feeling I will visit the internet again for inspiration of some sort. I do this often. I Just ramble around, looking at cool sites, artwork, etc. It always seems to jump start my creativity--maybe makes me look at composition, color, texture, style in a way I hadn't thought of before.

I can tell you, I love "The Birds" type element I feel here. It will be hard not to get all "Alfred Hitchcock" on this piece. But then, maybe I will.... hmmmmm. But I have to remind myself: this doesn't end with me! Other artists will be adding.

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Ooh! What a unique piece..and quite a challenge, I agree...I love how it's starting out, bronze background, and then the birds flying off the frame..very cool.
Yeah, you're gonna hafta wait for it to speak to you and tell you what it wants to be! I can't wait to find out!! ;-D
What a fun 'round-robin' of sorts you have going on!!

Tj Lev said...

I love this one! Can not wait to see what you add to it. The indi projects were always fun and I agree about rambling around for inspiration. I do that too! Be well. Tj.

cree said...

great piece, and i can't wait to see what you add. i love how every bit of this is the art work! indi is turning out some amazing pieces this round!

p8ntgurl said...

Thanks everyone! Still don't have inspiration yet. It might have something do with the fact I'm battling a cold and my nose is running like a faucet! Think I could mix it with some paint? Ha!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hi Rachel!

It was nice meeting you at The Pomegranate this afternoon!

I've been going through your posts, you are so talented!!! I really like the little house!!!

I managed to get the quilt home and on the guest bed with no one being the wiser, LOL

((Hugs))
Marsha

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Rachel, I see that you follow French Charming! Karyn and I are friends!! Small world!!!

((Hugs))
Marsha